Google Analytics 4 certification is one of the steps you should take after migrating from Universal Analytics.
Although the tool can look similar to the previous version, Google Analytics 4 has many differences from Universal Analytics. Therefore, taking a free or paid course will help you to get used to the new interface, new measurement approach, and other crucial GA4 features.
Google provides a free course and exam to help you and your team onboard faster. This article will cover all of that.
Why should you take a GA4 certification?
Getting a GA4 certification requires time. Thus, it would be best to understand the advantages of investing your time in it and how having the certificate can benefit you in the long run. Let’s explore some of them:
- If you are a freelancer or agency consulting clients about Google Analytics 4, a GA4 certificate will showcase your understanding of GA4 features. Thus, prospects will more often select you than someone else.
- Suppose you are an employee of an organization that switched from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4. In that case, it can help you check your GA4 skills and use Google Analytics 4 for better ad-hoc analyses. These analyses will bring more insights to optimise business revenue and other important metrics.
- Suppose you are considering switching from Mixpanel or Amplitude to Google Analytics 4. You can check your knowledge about GA4 before migrating. It will help you to avoid mistakes and look differently at how you can manage GA4 for your business.
- Suppose you have just started to learn about Google Analytics 4 for your business and personal needs. Preparing for the GA4 exam will help you understand your strong and weak sides and improve these sides to be profound with Google Analytics 4.
You can benefit from a GA certificate in many other cases that are not listed in the list above. However, to pass the exam and get GA4 certification, you should first prepare for it.
How to prepare for the Google Analytics 4 certification?
Although there are multiple ways you can prepare for GA4 exam, I will mention a few of the most relevant ones:
- The first one is to use the most popular free GA4 course that Google provides. That’s placed on skill shop website, where you can find courses about Google products, including Google Ads, Firebase and so on.
- The second one is to find GA4 certificate exam questions and check how many of them you can answer without looking at Google Analytics 4. Then, answer questions that you couldn’t answer correctly your Google Analytics account or a Demo GA4 Account provided by Google.
- The third one is to enroll in one of many available paid courses.
All in all, any option you select should teach you the following areas included in the GA4 exam:
- How to setup Google Analytics 4 on your website and more app
- How to setup custom dimensions, metrics, custom events, conversions and audiences
- How to manage data retention and GDPR, and CCPA policies in Google Analytics 4
- How to use Google Analytics 4 to analyse acquisition data (including attribution modelling)
- How to use Google Analytics 4 to analyse behaviour data
- How to use Google Analytics 4 Explore reports to analyse data
- How to connect Google Analytics 4 to other Google Products and what benefits these integrations bring.
- How to use BigQuery to analyse Google Analytics 4 raw data
If you use one of the options mentioned above to prepare for the exam, you should pass the GA4 exam.
After you feel that you are prepared to take the exam, you should create an account on Skillshop website.
Where can you take the Google Analytics 4 exam?
Google launched Google Analytics 4 exam on August 16th, 2022, on the Google skill shop website.
Where can you find the Google Analytics 4 certificate exam?
- Open https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/
- Click on “Search” at the top right corner.
- Type “Google Analytics Certification”
- From the results presented, select “Google Analytics Certification.”
- Click “Get Started”
- Click on “Log-in to Launch”
- Login to your Gmail Account and start the test
You will need to answer 50 questions and have 75 minutes for that. If the time expires, you will fail the exam. You will need to get an 80% or higher score to pass the exam. If you fail the test, you can try again in a day.
What does the GA4 certificate look like?
After you pass the GA4 exam, you will get the certificate and be able to share it via social media or add it to your LinkedIn profile, download it on your PC, and print it.
Here you can see what my certificate looks like.
How to download Google Analytics 4 certificate to add it to Linkedin?
It’s worth mentioning that in order to download, and share your GA4 certificate, you should create an account on Accredible. It’s a new place where Google stores all your certificates. The account is free.
If you passed the exam before and can’t find your GA4 certificate, create an account on Accredible, and you will get access to your certificate.
GA4 certification is an excellent method to improve your program skills, learn how to do more profound analyses, and use GA4 integrations at their full capacities.
In order to pass the exam, we recommend preparing for it beforehand on the Skillshop website learning about GA4 features, integrations, measurement models, and many more. After you feel you are ready, take the exam, answer all questions, and get at least an 80 score to receive a GA4 certificate.
Once you receive it, you can share it with your friends via social media, add it to your LinkedIn account, or download it on your PC and print it. Your GA4 certificate is accessible on Accredible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can get a GA4 certificate by passing the GA4 exam at https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/.
Yes, Google Analytics 4 certificate is free. You can get a GA4 certificate by passing the GA4 exam at Google Shillshop.
Yes, there are no associated costs.
#1. You should take a few steps to find it:
#2. Open https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/
#3. Click on “Search” at the top right corner.
#4. Type “Google Analytics Certification”
#5. From the results presented, select “Google Analytics Certification.”
#6. Click “Get Started”
#7. Click on “Log-in to Launch”
#8. Login to your Gmail Account and start the test
The first one is to use the most popular free GA4 course that Google provides. That’s placed on skill shop website, where you can find courses about Google products, including Google Ads, Firebase and so on.
The second one is to find GA4 certificate exam questions and check how many of them you can answer without looking at Google Analytics 4. Then, answer questions that you couldn’t answer correctly your Google Analytics account or a Demo GA4 Account provided by Google.
The third one is to enroll in one of many available paid courses.
It usually depends on how much time a person can dedicate to this. Some people can get a GA4 certificate for a day. However, some people spend weeks. There is no lousy speed. It’s just how important this task is for you.
In order to download and share your GA4 certificate, log in to or create an account on Accredible.
Google Analytics 4 certification is free. You should pass the exam on skillshop website.